18 Mar 2014

Sportsgirl Matte Grey & feathers


Hello lovelies!
I am trying to get back into the swing of blogging, so I thought I would share todays mani with you. 
A bit of background first.. some of you may remember last year I started Paint It Blue, a month long 'event' for Autism Awareness. After it was done quite a few of the group members mentioned they would like to continue on doing theme and cause manis, and thus Paint It ALL The Colours was born!  This fortnights theme is 'feathers'. 
I decided to go for a delicate look, so for my base I used Matte Grey from Sportsgirl. Yes, Sportsgirl. Definitely not a store I usually go in, but this is proof I will go anywhere for nail polish.  ;)



The formula on the polish wasn't fabulous, but I find that alot with matte polishes. The second coat evened it all out, and I think a couple of drops of thinner will help. Once I put on the decals I top-coated it anyway. The grey does have a lovely shimmer, but sadly I couldn't seem to capture that in the photos.
I am very happy with how this turned out, the feathers seem to be floating in the breeze. I also just received some actual nail art feathers, so can't wait to try them out!

Till next time.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate every single one! :)